Monday, August 3, 2015

Cayhuayna!!

You can except the requests from Ashlen  and Hermano A.   I do not think that I ever studied with Josh M.  If I did I cannot remember. That is sad though.

So at the CCM pretty much everyone caught a cold and I have gotten over it now. On Tuesday we took an 8 hour bus ride to Huancayo. The first few hours of the ride were bad because it winds a bit and it seems like we just kept going up, kind of like El Tigre and El Diablo on trek last year. I could feel it a bit in my head. Once we started going down I felt better and it is cool to see a little bit more culture here. There are farms and people, mainly women, wear more traditional  dress with hats and skirts. Chrisanne can probably describe what that looks like. We stayed at the Assistants house for two nights because we had a training on Wednesday and my area is further away. After the training we contacted in Huancayo. Huancayo is a nice city. My  trainer is Elder C from Cache Valley, Utah. He is my age and he has 11 months in the mission.  My area is Cayhuayna 2 which is in Huanuco. It is six hours north of Huancayo. We have a pretty nice room and a good pensionista, which is good. I was very happy to find out that all rooms have big things of clean water. I feel that the Lord is taking care of me. Cayhuayna is pretty dusty and it is only a little chilly in the mornings and nights. I feel like Pigpen from the Peanuts because I always have dirt on my clothes, in my hair, and in my eyes. There are chickens everywhere, sometimes I see sheep and an occasional cow outside a house. There are some pretty annoying roosters that crow every morning at about 5:45. Every day. We hear roosters crow during the day too. There are two other American elders in Cayhuayna 1 and they are also in our  ward. 5 out of six Huancayo missionaries from my CCM  district went to Huanuco and  two of them are in my zone, one of whom is Elder Ch. The food is pretty good. I have not had to eat anything too weird yet, but I think I am doing well at eating what is given to me because I have already had to eat watermelon and drink Pepsi. (Brian does not like watermelon!)
 
We are teaching an 18 year old named A and he wants to be baptized, but his parents say he needs their permission. We started teaching a man named Frank, who is going to start praying to know if the Church is true and he has accepted a baptismal date. We met an unmarried couple, and the woman wants her family to be together and protected. I am most interested in  those investigators right now.
I found out that before I left, my former roommate Andrew got his call to the Washington Spokane mission and enters the MTC August 12th. That sounds like Grace will like her job shadow, and that sounds like a very good CAS project! I cannot think of anything I need, just your prayers. I love you all very much!

Love,
Elder Brian Hymas

CCM District





 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment